BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Your specialist will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet.
For the crow’s feet area, your specialist will inject 3 areas of the orbicularis oculi, the muscle that frames the side of the eye. This will be repeated on the orbicularis oculi muscle on the other eye.
Injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause crow’s feet lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
For the frown lines area, your specialist will administer 5 injections into muscles in your forehead—1 in the procerus muscle and 4 in the corrugator muscles.
Injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause frown lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
*With optimal treatment. Results may vary.
A collection of fillers - made for different needs
JUVÉDERM® and Restylane are the #1 selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the US. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® and Restylane collection of fillers adds volume to a different area of the face to lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, or plump the lips. The results are subtle and long-lasting.
Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers:
These help to hydrate and replace volume in the dermis (the second layer of the skin). By replacing the volume that is lost over time, the skin appears more youthful and fresh.
Filler can be placed in the cheeks, lips, lower face, chin and jawline.
THIS TREATMENT TYPICALLY LASTS anywhere from 4-18 months depending on the area treated.
Smooth parentheses lines & wrinkles
Plump and smooth lip lines
Lift & contour cheeks
Pre and Post Botox/Dysport Treatment:
Before Botox/Dysport Treatment:
• Avoid taking aspirin or other non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen, Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®, Aleve®, Celebrex®, Fish oil, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John's Wort and high doses of vitamin E for 5-7 days prior to procedure, as these may cause increase risk of bleeding and bruising at the treated sites).
• Avoid alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to procedure as this can increase the risk for bleeding and bruising at the treated sites).
• Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal creams in the areas) to be treated at least 24 hours before treatment.
You would not be considered a candidate for Botox® or Dysport if you have any of the following:
Allergy to Botulinum Toxin
Pregnant or breastfeeding
Allergy to human albumin
Anaphylactic allergy to dairy products (Dysport)
Anaphylactic allergy to eggs (Botox)
After Botox/Dysport Treatment
• You may apply makeup immediately following your treatment. • Avoid facial treatments including microdermabrasion, or facial massage for 10-14 days after treatment.
• Try to use the injected muscles for the first 1-2 hours after treatment: practice frowning, raising your eyebrows and squinting. This helps work Botox® into your muscles.
• Do not touch or rub injection site for 2-4 hours following treatment. Avoid
exercise and sweating for the remainder of the day and no lying down or leaning forward for 3-4 hours after treatment.
• There can be a slight chance of bruising at the treated site, this is temporary but can last for a few hours and up to a week. Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will usually go away within a few hours of treatment.
• Avoid Ibuprofen, Advil or Motrin, Tylenol is acceptable to take if experiencing discomfort (if not contraindicated).
The results of your treatment can take up to 14 days to take full effect. Usually patients notice a change in 7 days with Dysport and 12-21 days with Botox. It takes time for the muscles to relax and the lines on the face to fade after treatment. Please wait until 21 days have passed before assessing if you are pleased with the results.
Dermal Fillers Pre/Post Treatment Instructions
• Avoid taking aspirin or other non Ibuprofen, Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®, Aleve®, Celebrex®, Fish oil, Gingko Biloba appointment, steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as St. John's Wort and high doses of vitamin E for at least 7 days before your appointment unless medically necessary.
• If you are taking prescription blood thinners such as Coumadin or Plavix, you
should check with the prescribing doctor to see if you are able to stop these medicines for 7-10 days before your appointment and at least 2 days after the procedure has been done.
• If you have any history of Herpes Simplex (cold sores) on your face, typically an antiviral medication will be prescribed for after the treatment to prevent an outbreak, ensure this medical history is shared with your Nurse Practitioner.
• Ideally arrive to your appointment with a clean face. This means NO MAKEUP or
After Treatment of Dermal fillers and Cosmetic Injectables
• The majority of reactions to dermal fillers are redness, swelling, bruising and tenderness after the injections. These usually subside a few days after the treatment, but can last up to a week. If any of these symptoms persist longer than a week, or if you develop other symptoms, please contact our office.
• Cold compresses may be used after the treatment to reduce swelling and decrease soreness. You may take Tylenol (if not contraindicated) every 4-6 hours after the treatment to help with any discomfort you may have.
• Make-up may be applied a few hours after the treatment, if no complications are present, such as open wounds, bleeding or infection. We recommend Glo Skin Beauty because it's paramedical and helps conceal and heal after laser, IPL, chemical peels, microneedling Botox, dermal fillers and cosmetic injectables.
• Patients should avoid strenuous exercise and excessive movement of the areas that were treated (smiling) for 48 hours to prevent moving the filler or increasing blood flow to the face.
• Avoid taking aspirin (unless medically necessary) or other non-steroidal anti- inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen, Advil®, Motrin®, Nuprin®, Aleve®, Celebrex®, Fish oil, Gingko Biloba , St. John's Wort and high doses of vitamin E for 5 days after the treatment, as these may cause an increased risk of bleeding
or bruising at the injection sites.
• Remember your sunscreen daily.
With under-eye/tear trough Skin Booster treatment ice the under eyes for 15 minutes at least 2-3 times per day for the first 48-72 hours after treatment. Also sleep with an extra pillow the first two nights after treatment to help minimize swelling.
*With optimal treatment. Results may vary.
To book a complimentary consultation or an appointment please call (519) 645-7524